The Planner Global Supply Chain builds and manages a supply chain network that is resilient and act as shock-absorber for fluctuations coming from both demand & supply.
Abbott is a global healthcare company committed to helping people live not just longer, but better. We employ around 94,000 people in 150 countries with a diverse portfolio spanning pharmaceuticals, nutrition, diagnostics and devices.
At Abbott, you have the opportunity to make a positive impact on the world through challenging and rewarding work as part of a highly successful and trusted organization that is shaping the future of health. Realize your potential!.
Within Abbott, the Established Pharmaceuticals Division (EPD) with headquarters in Basel (CH) is dedicated to making the world a healthier place, and brings trusted brands to broader populations in developing countries around the world. We offer a growing portfolio of high-quality, trusted medicines in gastroenterology, women's health, cardiovascular, pain management/central nervous system disorders, respiratory, influenza vaccine and more.
The Global Planning Organization in EPD plays a central, pivotal role in Supply Chain Planning, by managing and balancing demand, supply, production capacity and inventories, in order to serve our customers and patients. Our close collaboration with worldwide Abbott manufacturing plants, Contract Manufacturing partners and Active Ingredient suppliers is key in our success.
For our location in Zwolle (NL), Abbott EPD Global Planning is looking for a:
Planner Global Supply Chain
The Planner Global Supply Chain will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of valid replenishment plan for the assigned Third Party or Internal manufacturing sites and second tier suppliers, all in line with business strategies, financial plans, capacity constraints and the target inventory profiles. The Planner Global Supply Chain builds and manages a supply chain network that is resilient and act as shock-absorber for fluctuations coming from both demand & supply. Focus within the replenishment plan is to optimize inventory levels and identification, assessment and mitigation of supply risks is key priority in the daily activities.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible to understand and appropriately support demand changes from monthly published commercial forecast and proactively report demand analysis results.
- Responsible for coordination of New Product Introductions and Label changes for assigned suppliers. coordinate with affiliates and supplier and demand management of old vs. new item codes
- Cross functional communication with different departments to ensure fulfillment of customer requests.
- Proactively avoid product backorders and develop action plans upon their occurrence.
- Accountable for providing monthly Replenishment forecast to assigned suppliers and in line with contracts and MSA's
- Manage shortage of supplies and provide business impact and mitigation scenarios.
- Ensure close collaboration & communication with TPM's or manufacturing sites, to achieve alignment on supply chain topics such as inventory, capacity, constraints and NPI's.
- Accountable to issue on-time PO's to the assigned suppliers and maintenance of this PO portfolio.
- Provide LRP & capacity analyzes for assigned products
- Manage all open Purchase orders in order to be able to inform our internal customers timely about any deviation from the original request.
- Review and validate in transits and receipts from suppliers if applicable.
- Responsible to measure Supplier Performance, reporting of results and provide appropriate CAPA in case of performance below target
- Maintain Service Level Agreements (SLA) with supply chain partners in accordance with the approved templates.
- Provide (internal) customers and suppliers with pro-active information about any change in supply and/or shipments plans. Coordinate action plans to align demand and supply.
- Defines & implement inventory strategies in line with overall divisional targets.
- Provides inventory projections/Last Best Estimates for assigned product portfolio.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate inventory levels within the nodes of Supply Chain in scope of the Supply Chain Planner. Including setting of MOQ's and Safety stock in APO controlled plants.
- Manage any slow or non-moving inventory to avoid obsolescence. Proactively work with customer and supplier to prevent and/or manage inventory write-off.
- Create and maintain planning parameters in SAP to assure optimal replenishment plan is created
- Responsible for providing (Master Data) input for new material creations in SAP
- Responsible for providing (Master Data) input for Vendor set-up and maintenance
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal EPD stakeholders, (third party) manufacturing plants, and regional counterparts.
- Assure compliance with local and Abbott quality, financial, and regulatory rules, policies, and procedures
- Manage, participate and/or support projects, including re-sourcing strategies
- Drive continues improvement
- Represent Supply Chain in BRM, D&OP, Workstream and other cross-functional meetings
- Manage weekly and monthly KPI reporting & (short) interval control reports
- Create/Maintain critical Product or Supplier Information as per agreed templates/tools
- Education - Bachelor or Master Degree:
- Supply Chain Management or
- Production Operations Management or
- Logistics Management or
- Business Administration or
- Equal by experience
- 2-3 years experience in supply chain on demand/supply planning, preferably in Pharma business.
- Set Vision and Strategy, Anticipate, Innovate, Build and Deliver Results
Job specific competencies
- Analytical skills
- Helicopter view
- Know the business
What can we offer you?
Abbott provides a varied, challenging and international position in a dynamic and pleasant working environment. In our organization, you can count on excellent primary and secondary benefits, a positive working atmosphere, a personal growth plan, extensive training opportunities and good career perspective. We are in the business of advancement, both in health solutions and in the lives and careers of our employees. Our work across the world and in many areas of healthcare provides a rich environment for our employees to explore career paths, interests and opportunities.
How to apply?
If you are appealed by Abbott, looking for a job with meaning and recognize yourself in the outlined profile, please make your interest known. You can apply via the 'Apply' button or via our website (https://www.jobs.abbott/) with your resume and letter of application. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments referring this job profile to Meltem Cakir, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Solliciteer op deze functie